The most important question on the lips of all of our clients is:
“how much does a loft conversion cost?”
The cost of a loft conversion in Glasgow can vary considerably as the work can vary between projects. Having your loft converted is an investment as it can add value and help you to create more space. However, the cost has to be carefully considered before proceeding.
Every home is different in design and construction and that means that there is no single cost for the work.
How much will your loft conversion cost?
The lowest price is likely to range from £10,000 to £15,000 but it can be more depending on your needs.
A dormer installation is a simple option and a popular choice because they are inexpensive. However, if someone opts to have a Hip to Gable extension then the cost could be higher. When the time comes for you to think about your loft conversion and the price, you should consider the following factors:
- Heating and insulation –Your loft will now become an integral part of your living space, it will mean that you will need to think about the installation of radiators, heating as well as insulation.
- Windows – Will you want the space to be light and airy? If so, how many windows will you require? The more windows you choose, the more expensive the project will be.
- Plumbing Work – If you decide to turn your loft into a bathroom or your choose to install an en-suite, you will need to consider the installation of bathroom furniture including all plumbing work.
- Load Bearing – If you are going to use your loft space as a living area, then it might require extra support in order to strengthen it.
- Furnishing costs – Should your loft become a part of your home, you are going to need to consider the decorating and furnishing costs including paint, flooring and all doors, light fittings and window fittings.
- Access – While it is a great idea converting the loft, you will need to consider access. That means identifying what kind of staircase you need and where it will be placed.
The cost of a loft conversion is specific to your home. For further guidance on your loft conversion and to obtain professional advice, we are on hand to assist you.
Please call us today on 0141 2809 910 or fill out an online enquiry form. We are happy to discuss the best options for both structural security and your budget.